I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

BMW Championship - One-and-done

With the BMW Championship drawing closer by the minute, it's time to cement our one-and-done selection and name the Yahoo! starters.

While I should have probably called his number last week, I still have Jason Day available in the OAD. I considered riding Billy Horschel and hoping he stayed hot for 72 more holes, which is very possible, but Day's class is too much to ignore. I'm going with Day this week, and likely Hunter Mahan at East Lake next week.

As for the Yahoo! starters, tee times are irrelevant this week since there is only one wave. I"m going Stenson (A), Zach Johnson (B), Jason Day (B) and Sergio Garcia (C) as the starters and Adam Scott (A), Rory McIlroy (B), Bill Haas (B) and Jimmy Walker (C) as the backups. 

I am down to my last starts for Scott and McIlroy. I will monitor their play in the first round and make a decision on Thursday night in terms of how to proceed. I certainly wouldn't mind having them available for East Lake next week, where I would have the possibility of their bonus points in a field of 30, but won't leave them out this week if it looks promising for them early.

The O v. Glass Challenge is over, with me securing a 5-2 win with just two starts remaining. In the spirit of the Ryder Cup, I won 3&2. 

I will update my Yahoo! roster the rest of the week on Twitter. Best of luck to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment