The layout remains the El Camaleon Golf Golf Club at Mayakoba Resort (El Camaleon), which is a 6,987-yard layout that plays to a par of 71. It has three par 5s, four par 3s and 11 par 4s. Below is a list of winners and runners-up since the event's inception in 2007.
- 2007 - Winner: Fred Funk (266) over Jose Coceres (266) in a playoff.
- 2008 - Winner: Brian Gay (264) over Steve Marino (266)
- 2009 - Winner: Mark Wilson (267) over J.J. Henry (269)
- 2010 - Winner: Cameron Beckman (269) over Joe Durant and Brian Stuard (271)
- 2011 - Winner: Johnson Wagner (267) over Spencer Levin (267) in a playoff
- 2012 - Winner: John Huh (271) over Robert Allenby (271) in a playoff
- 2013 (2013-14 season) - Winner: Harris English (263) over Brian Stuard (267)
Several things stand out from this list of players. The most obvious is that many of those that have experienced success are very accurate off the tee. They also lack length. There is also a strong correlation between success at El Camaleon and success in the Sony Open and / or RBC Heritage.
That means I will focus on stats like driving accuracy and par-4 scoring average this week. If you find a player lacking course history at El Camaleon, but having played the Heritage of Sony Open in the past, those should serve as a decent indicator.
We will be back tomorrow with a power ranking. Until then, best of luck to all!