I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

RBC Heritage - One-and-done

With the first round of the RBC Heritage just hours away, it's time to wrap up this week's coverage and declare a one-and-done.

I'll keep it short and sweet. The more I looked at this, the more it came down to two players. They are Russell Henley and Charley Hoffman. It was close in all regards. Both offer top 10s in the recent past at Harbour Town. Both offer solid play of late.

I could have almost flipped a coin. The clincher for me is expectations. Both of Russell Henley's wins have come when he entered the week with no expectations. He is now dealing with just the opposite. For one of the first times in his career, people expect him to have a big week.

Hoffman, on the other hand, is more of an afterthought after falling off the front page of the Masters leaderboard. No matter what pressure he faces this week, he won't be playing in the final pairing in the third round of the Masters.

While it doesn't look like much more than a breeze this week, I like Hoffman in wind. While it's true that he isn't much of a winner, I'll gladly take a top 10 and move on this week if Hoffman offers me one.

Charley nudges out Henley as my pick this week, but rest assured that I will be investing in Henley in my DFS lineups.

No comments:

Post a Comment