TPC Louisiana has been the host of this event from 2007 until current, with the 2005 edition also occurring at this venue. It is a par-72 layout that stretches out to a formidable 7,425 yards. It features the expected four par 5s, four par 3s and 10 par 4s.
Here is a list of winners and runners-up for those years.
- 2005: Winner: Tim Petrovic (13-under 275) over James Driscoll in a playoff
- 2007: Winner: Nick Watney (273) over Ken Duke (276)
- 2008: Winner: Andres Romero (275) over Peter Lonard (276)
- 2009: Winner: Jerry Kelly (274) over Charles Howell III, Rory Sabbatini, Charlie Wi (275)
- 2010: Winner: Jason Bohn (270) over Jeff Overton (272)
- 2011: Winner: Bubba Watson (273) over Webb Simpson in a playoff
- 2012: Winner: Jason Dufner (269) over Ernie Els in a playoff
- 2013: Winner: Billy Horschel (268) over D.A. Points (269)
- 2014: Winner: Seung-yul Noh (269) over Andrew Svoboda and Robert Streb (271)
The off-the-cuff reaction to that list is that it is very heavy on ball-strikers. That would make strokes gained: tee-to-green a worthy metric to consider. This is also a potential landing spot for first-time winners, so consider taking a flier on a guy who is trending towards a breakthrough. Par 5 scoring is pretty critical, as all four are under 600 yards and offer vital birdie opportunities.
With that as the backdrop, I will dig deep into the research and emerge with a power ranking later this week.
Until then, happy research!