I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

AT&T Byron Nelson Championship - One-and-done

To put a bow on our research for the AT&T Byron Nelson Championship, it's time to declare our one-and-done selection and cross our fingers.

I narrowed my focus to Marc Leishman, Ian Poulter, Keegan Bradley, Brandt Snedeker and Danny Lee. I'll talk you through it.

I first eliminated Sneds because I have my eye on him for several events down the road, including the Wyndham Championship. If he gets hot, he's also an option for the FedExCup.

I put Danny Lee off to the side as a potential dark horse if I didn't fall in love with any of the remaining three.

I then took a hard look at Ian Poulter, but noticed that his course history is not that great and it took him a few weeks to bounce back from him near miss at The Honda Classic. That was enough for me to hit the pause button on him as well.

My next look came at course horse, Marc Leishman. The Aussie's record is incredible in this event, and his history leading up to this event in previous years has been all over the place. He's been a top-30 machine in his last few starts, which was enough for me to move him the top of my list and eliminate Poulter and Lee.

That left Keegan Bradley. Questions surrounding his putter and his recent form nixed that.

Marc Leishman it is!

1 comment: