I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Shriners Hospitals for Children Open - One-and-Done

It's the second week of the 2015-16 PGA TOUR season, and I'm already frustrated with the one-and-done game. It's going to be a long season.

While Brooks Koepka looked like a layup for at least a top-20 finish, and a likely candidate for a top 10 or better, he barely made any money. So it goes.

I'm a bit like a poker player on tilt right now when it comes to this game, so following my lead may not be the best move. I've gone with a great deal of chalky picks (course history, current form and stats all match) over the last 12 months with much less success than what I deem to be acceptable, so I'm about to go off script for a bit.

Don't try this at home.

The chalky/smart picks this week are to go with either Jason Bohn or Kevin Na. Both played great last week and both have solid course history this week. If I followed my traditional line of thought, those two would be a coin flip for my pick

Instead, I'm running as far away from those two as possible and throwing caution to the wind.

I narrowed my choices to Emiliano Grillo and Will Wilcox. Grillo's won two in a row. He can't possibly make it three, can he? Wilcox is playing well everywhere and is (statistically) a better putter. Plus, Wilcox came through for me last season when I burned him in Alabama opposite the Open Championship.

Wilcox it is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment