I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am - One-and-Done

The AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am is on the final countdown to opening tee shots, and it's time to cement the OAD picks for the week.

I see four names that should be on your radar this week. Dustin Johnson, Phil Mickelson, Brandt Sendeker and Jimmy Walker.

I've burned Snedeker (Famers), but I'll make the case for him later for those that haven't.

This week's call is a little bit of an opportunity cost question. That is, which guy are you most likely to want later. The name that stands out to me in that category is Dustin Johnson. He's an extremely attractive option at Doral in a few weeks, in addition to other WGCs, and the FedExCup playoffs. While he's a great play this week, there are others just as good and it'll be nice to have DJ later.

I wouldn't miss Phil if I burned him this week, but his inconsistency gives him a pass for the moment.

Snedeker versus Walker is an interesting call. Because of how hot Sneds is right now, I'd be apt to play him this week if I still had him. He's great on poa annua and is a two-time winner. Walker also offers some possible plays on the Texas Swings later in the spring. That said, Walker offers almost everything that Sneds does this week, plus he's longer.

For me, it's a pretty easy call. I'm rolling with Jimmy Walker. The last two tournaments have finished very chalky, resulting in back-to-back OAD wins. The PGA TOUR runs in cycles. Earlier this season (2015 portion) the trend was first-time winners. Currently, it's predictable course horses with class. That's another feather in Jimmy's cap! No pun intended.

Let's go Jimmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment