I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

DEAN & DELUCA Invitational - One-and-Done

It's been brought to my attention that I'm on a bit of a slump in the OAD of late. I was somewhat surprised to see that I've gone without a top 50 since the Charley Hoffman win at the Valero Texas Open. Perhaps I'm due?

What I will say, as it's time to select the one-and-done for the DEAN & DELUCA Invitational, is that the process is always the same every week in terms of OAD selection. Whether it be one of my six missed cuts or one of the four wins, the effort and research was the same every week.

With that as the backdrop, I'm pegging a guy that can be a little hard to target from week-to-week, but one in the midst of a great season and who should be a good fit this week. That is Kevin Chappell. Were it not for Jason Day, Chappell would own two PGA TOUR victories this season. As it stands, he has three runner-up finishes this season and is still seeking his first TOUR title.

Perhaps this will be the week. Perhaps not. Either way, he's the call!

1 comment: