I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Memorial Tournament - One-and-Done

The Memorial Tournament is next up on the PGA TOUR rota, and it's time to knock out the one-and-done selection.

I'll start by saying that I don't have Hideki Matsuyama available. I'm not exactly sorry, as I burned him for his win in the Waste Management Phoenix Open. If you do have him, it's time to play him.

While Rory McIlroy led off my power rankings over on Rotoworld, I'm holding off on him. I love that he's starting to heat up, and he tends to run hot for long periods of time. If that plays out, there will be plenty of chances to burn him the next few weeks or months. 

I went a little further down my list than normal, and took a guy felt good in my gut (dangerous) to go with having really solid stats, current form and course history. 

That is Russell Knox. He tied for 18th here last year after missing the cut in his first venture. That trend could easily continue to improve. He's also pretty hot of late, minus the missed cut in the BMW PGA over in England last week.

The other idea I batted around was Chris Kirk. They were neck-and-neck, and my gut said Knox. 

Best of luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment