I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

RBC Canadian Open - One-and-Done

The RBC Canadian Open one-and-done is going to allow me to do something that I rather enjoy. Backing someone whom I can really get behind.


William McGirt nearly won his first PGA TOUR event at the 2012 RBC Canadian Open, sharing second place, though that was at a different venue. He faced Glen Abbey in 2013, which happens to be this week's host, and once again tied for second. Given his recent win at Muirfield Village and T7 in the WGC-Bridgestone Invitation, I'm all in. Emiliano Grillo was a close second, for the record.


Why do I pull for McGirt, you ask? While I've only met him on a few brief occasions, he could probably hit his driver from his driveway to my parent's front yard. It is uphill, so he may need a flip wedge for his second, if the wind is in his face. I also went to middle and high school with his wife, and we were the same grade.


Oh....and there is a financial benefit! He is already in the books as the best 11th-round draft pick I've made in a full-season fantasy game. Now if he can only help my OAD a bit....

No comments:

Post a Comment