I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Wyndham Championship - One-and-Done

The Wyndham Championship means that there are a mere five tournaments left in the PGA TOUR season. We are in the stretch run of the OAD, and it's now all about strategy.


I'll start by saying I'm taking Jim Furyk, and then I'll back into why.


  • I sit third in a very large league, and maintaining position is very profitable. Furyk is a steady pick.
  • In some regards, he's my best available option. My chasers won't get excited about the Furyk pick.
  • Furyk is well down the FedExCup standings, and a deep run in the Playoffs isn't as likely for him as it is for several others I have available.
  • More important than the Playoffs, he's very motivated to make a final Ryder Cup statement. Being injured the first half of the season, he's chasing.
If I were chasing, I'd roll the dice with a Jon Rahm or Wesley Bryan.


Best of luck to all!

1 comment:

  1. Ryan, you will have to share this "very large league" you are in for OAD next year.

    ReplyDelete