I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

WGC-Mexico Championship- One-and-Done

If you read my Rotoworld preview / power ranking on Monday, you realize that a tournament like the WGC-Mexico Championship with a brand new venue is not my favorite from a gaming perspective. While the riches of a WGC purse typically beg the burning of a star player, this is a week I'm taking a bit of a flier for several reasons.


First is the unfamiliar course. Second is that, as long as my flier doesn't withdraw, he's going to net me something.


To me, this convergence of facts screams for a European player that doesn't play a full U.S. schedule. I narrowed my focus to Martin Kaymer and Tyrrell Hatton before settling on Hatton. The Englishman is fresh off a T4 in The Honda Classic last week and also shared third in Dubai in his start before that.


Best of luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment